Wednesday 2 April 2014

Casually 50 - invited and clueless!

Hello my dear readers! 
I hope you are all having a blessed evening! I finally have some time to rest today. Yesterday was quite a long day! 
It started at 00:00 with a surprise Champagne toast at a relative´s house. A fabulous lady turned 50! Well the toast went by quite fast, I was in bed by 1AM. The waking up for work was a slightly harder part of the day. 
In the evening I even got invited to the birthday´s dinner, which started punctually at 6PM in a cute little italian restaurant in the German woods. A bit exhausting after work but such a great atmosphere and so much fun! 
I obviously had no clue what to buy a 50 year old woman. I wanted something casual and classy at the same time without spending too much money. 
50 is still an age quite far away from mine, and therefore I was quite unsure about what to do, but someone in the family came up with the idea of putting together a timeframed photo album with pictures of family and friends (old and new) as well as dedications from each one of us.
Yes, that was just right! I learnt that there is nothing better than a present which is intimate and personal! 
But hey, seriously, an emotional present needs to be accompanied by some substance as well, say whatever you want but regardless of age, every woman is happy to receive a "tangible and wearable" present for her birthday - I mean come on! SO here comes pt. II of the whole thing, the bling bling side of the story!
I opted for something simple and shiny: two charms from the Thomas Sabo charm club! 
Thomas Sabo has a charm for literally every occasion! Well, she loves shoes and music and guess what? Here are the two charms I chose:



Here is the link where you can find all the charms, this is also where I took the pictures from for illustrative purposes: http://shop.thomassabo.com !

Charms, necklaces, bracelets and all what comes with them are always lady-friendly and highly appreciated presents :) 

As per the outfit I had on, well, I had to think quick (yup, long day at work, and I was running late!) .. this was nothing formal and yet nothing too casual..so I decided to go for an effortless biker look, enriched by Buffalo Lace up heels and a faux leather jacket! In the below pictures I recreated the look for you :) I didn´t always find the exact same pieces I had on BUT the brands are the same, as well as the colours and the style - nothing better than a hard chick look to the end the day! 




Did you like the look? You can shop from the following brands:
Leggings: Mango
Top: Jacqueline de Yong
Faux Leather Jacket: ONLY
Necklace: ZARA
Lace up Boots: Buffalo
The pictures are illustrative and each is taken from the Brands´Website

I wish you all a lovely evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment