Sunday 30 March 2014

Once upon a weekend

Today was one great day. Why wouldn't it be? I am in my 20s (closer to the magical 30), I am happy, in love, full of life.. Just as it should be at this age. 
As I was walking around the streets of Bad Homburg (a little town in mid Germany), I noticed a nice couple sitting together enjoy a nicely scented cup of tea. You would probably ask me what is wrong with that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, nothing is wrong with that. What caught my eyes was not the tea per se. It was the couple. The man and the woman were at least 60 years old each. And so full of life, so young looking, so in love, I almost got goosebumps. 
While young we forget that youth is temporal, we put so much effort into looking good (and that's totally fine! I mean, I do that too.. Life wouldn't be colorful enough without a bit of extra make up ;) ), we choose our hairdo, clothes, make up very carefully and try so hard to fit in a society which will change daily anyway. 
Sometimes we are so absorbed with the cover of our book that we forget to fill in the pages. Our inner beauty will never fade, and we have to take care of it just as much as we take care of our looks.  
And as I look at the eyes of this old lady, I see life, I feel I see the pages she has written in the past 50 years .. I see her husband and the way he looks at her. He sees her inner beauty, and not the face weary of age. 

Please don't get me wrong, I will not stop buying anti aging creams and oils for my face just for the sake of inner beauty, but I think I will give it a deeper thought next time I look at myself in the mirror. 

Ps: in the picture you can see the bench were the couple sat having their tea. I think it is such a romantic atmosphere don't you think? Such a Dolce Vita flair! 


No comments:

Post a Comment