Thursday 27 March 2014

Lifestyle tip: Ayurveda, the new old way of life

Today I’ve had a very long day, almost no time for myself, I came home and I felt the need to throw myself on the couch and free my mind.

Well, this whole „free my mind” didn’t quite work, my mind did not want to turn off, first I thought about what to do this weekend (the weather will apparently be so great that staying at home is not an option!), then the weather lead to thoughts of summer, thoughts of summer lead to bikini shopping, and bikini shopping lead to.... my nutritional habits (in other words, diet, diet diet...).

I see people around me trying out all sort of diets, and having different habits. I know vegeratians, vegans, gluten free dieters, paleo lovers (that is def. not for me, I’m not in love with meat enough to go paleo, but yes I did try...).I came to the personal conclusion that there is no perfect diet, as each diet works differently on different people. But I do believe lifeastyle and personal strenght are what make a difference.

I think everything in the Universe is connected, and that we have both negative and positive energy sorrounding us, I eat meat at times but I avoid it if I can as I don’t know under which circumstances the dead soul I am eating was killed. Yes, gross thought. I believe we are made of 5 main  elements; earth, space, air, water, fire which are linked together, and the way  we succeed in balancing them will be reflected on our mind, body and soul– my line of though follows the „AYURVEDA” concept.

Now, you might laugh, but this is really what I think, no joke. Did you ever sit with someone in the same room and suddently felt such a negative vibration, that you had to leave? And I don’t mean negative vibes such as bad smell, or bad hair day..think deeper... :D I did .. and I also know of people who sent me such a great vibe I just want to spend as much time as possible with them!

Ayurveda is an overs 5000 years old indian medicine concept (for us western people that would be more like an alternative medicine) which helps finding the right balance between mind body and soul. One of the gateways to this balance is believed to be nutrition. Not a crush diet, but a way of eating which is the best for our being, and for our emotions.

One of the main points of the Ayurveda nutrition is getting rid of as many preservatives and conserved food as possible, but not completely avoiding them if our body feels the need for their intake. It involves getting to know oneself deep inside, getting in deep contact with one’s body and mind. It is about meditation, self control, satisfaction and observation.

Before starting a diet I think we should first all know what are the things which will turn our experience into a positive one, what increases our positive energy and what keeps us healthy.

I love the whole concept as it brings me closer to me, and not just „keep healthy” or get rid of a couple of Kgs..

I decided to start an Ayurveda based 5-day detox diet, which I am hoping to repeat once a month. It involves mostly meditating a lot, drinking a lot of tea and different herbs, and having a rice and lentils based diet. I tried one day already, just to see how my body and mind would react and to see if I am ready to take a new inner journey and find myself, well all I can say is..I can’t wait!

Ps: If I dont show up for while here I probably got lost on the way L   


No comments:

Post a Comment