Monday 3 March 2014

The Oscars: quick (really quick) aftermath

So my favorites didn't win. 
I had some doubts J Law was going to make it, but I really had faith in a slightly fairer judgement. Ok I admit it, just like half of the world, I was pretty sure Leo would make it this time. Too bad, he didn't. I have to say I am not a Great Gatsby enthusiast (maybe having read the book at some point in school makes my opinion really biased - the book really challenged my "don't fall asleep, don't fall asleep skills" - excuse my ignorant opinion in literature, but I don't think this book is a masterpiece), and I found The Wolf of Wall Street too long, but DiCaprio was just amazing in both acts! 

A well deserved Oscar, from my point of view, was that of Jared Leto. He put so much passion in his role in Dallas Buyers club, unbelievable! I have always been a big fan of his music, but I slightly doubted his acting skills till I saw all he has done for this one! He changed the way he looks to such an unrecognizable extreme .. Well, respect! 
A big applause to 12 Years a Slave, too. Big story, big achievements. Very much expected but still well deserved in my humble opinion!

A big no go last night were all the Oscars which went to Gravity. American Hustle should have had a share in this too! 

But hey, the best thing were not even the movies, not the actors, not the screenplays! The overall best of the best was definitely Ellen and the so much talked about selfie she took (see below 🔽) 

Oh well. Till next year, Academy Awards! 

Picture source: Ellen's twitter account
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEllenShow/status/440322224407314432/photo/1?screen_name=TheEllenShow

No comments:

Post a Comment