Sunday 2 March 2014

Oscars Countdown

So are you ready for the 86th Academy Awards? Yes, for us Europeans it might take some serious effort to watch them, especially if we had a long weekend and we have to work tomorrow! Oh yes, those great Monday mornings! 
Anyway .. The countdown is on, more or less 1,5hrs to go! 
Did you know the first Oscar's ceremony took place in 1929 and that the ticket was for about $5? The ceremony ran for about 15 minutes back then, and the winners were announced about 3 months in advance. 
To be honest I wish it would only run 15 minutes tonight too, but hey there are a few more categories to award these days than in the 30s ;) 
Here is an official link where you can find out which categories will be awarded tonight:
http://oscar.go.com/nominees
To be honest I cross my fingers for Leonardo DiCaprio to get the Oscar for best actor in a leading role (even though I have to say I personally didn't like The Wolf of Wall Street that much!). 
I also cross my fingers for Jennifer Lawrence to get the award for best acres in a supporting role. 
I loved American Hustle and I loved her in it! Superb! 
Haven't watched the movie yet? You should! 

So let's see who will go on stage and thank the family and the fans, and God (of course) tonight in front of millions of watchers. 
Are you also gonna watch the show tonight? Here is a link to have a laugh while waiting for it too come on. 
Here are the anti oscars, a list of the worst of Hollywood - 2013 edition ;)

http://www.razzies.com/history/34th-press-release.asp

I wish you all a great evening and lots of fun watching. I am making myself a comfy atmosphere already with these beautiful rose candles.

Good night ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment