Sunday 23 March 2014

Online shopping yes, online shopping no ?

Finally it´s spring! Oh yes those long, cold, grey days are finally over (or at least I really hope they are, the weather forecast for the upcoming week doesn´t look so good!). And what do we do once spring is here? Yes, I mean other than the whole spring cleaning and stuff (DONE btw, the apartment looks tidy, clean and neat, with a colourful touch as well)....of course, us women think about a wardrobe update!

Today is Sunday, and like on every Sunday, today as well all stores in Germany are closed. Yes you heard well, in Germany you don´t have a chance to have a shopping date accompanied with a great coffee break with your girlfriends on a Sunday. 

Yes yes I know, it pretty much sucks!(Although this leaves you a day to really do a whole lot of other interesting things!), but I mean, regardless of whether shops are open or closed, on such a rainy day like today I would be too lazy to go down anyway! 
So that´s why I take the easy way, Online Shopping! 

But is online shopping really a good idea? Is it safe? Does it make sense? 
I think it does, if you just take care of some very important points. 

WHERE TO BUY
First of all make sure the site you are ordering from is reliable. Check out the rating and make sure you are ordering your next IT item from a serious seller.
Try to buy from an online shop which accept returns, all serious sellers should anyway, if not keep away from it (unless you are buying from a second hand online store, there you should just accept the risk I guess, given that the prices are usually very low). 
Secondly try to buy from an online shop which accepts post pay (for instance ZALANDO - http://www.zalando.com/ - ), that way you first get your item, and then you pay for it, and in case it doesn´t fit you can always send it back without bearing any cost (that´s true for ZALANDO at least). 
If a post-pay is not possible, then only prepay using PAYPAL! This way you don´t make your banking information and details public. I always try to avoid sites which don´t accept Paypal, I think you should too.. You never kow..

WHAT TO BUY
I prefer buying brands which i use already, and for which I know exactly the size i need ( I can blindly order ZARA and TOPSHOP online, I know exactly their fit, and I trust their super onlinr professionality! And of course, they always have the latest fashion for über affordable prices! <3 What do you think? Should I go for an all Zara spring outfit for the first photoshoot of this blogß)

I also like buying shoes and bags online, especially if I know the model and style already. Take care with sport shoes though, for instance Gym shoes such as the ones from NIKE have to be a bit bigger than your foot. While doing sports feet tend to be slightly swollen. 
Also I try to avoid buying pants online, it is very hard to find the right cut and fit for me, I prefer trying those on first. But if you know what you need then go for it!

Cosmetics, Perfumes and Make up are something you can safely buy online as well (for example onwww.douglas.de) - I find buying my all time favourite cosmetics online very comfortable!

Ps: in my picture you can see I have been marking the pages on various magazines which have outfits I like. This way I can organize a more targeted online shopping time and make sure I buy what I actually wanted to buy initially and not get lost in all the great marketing strategies made to grab my attention, and my money of course ! 
And you? Do you have any advice in regards to online shopping for me? I still have pleanty to learn!  ;) xx



No comments:

Post a Comment