Sunday 16 March 2014

Fancy a Petit-Noir?


Ristretto, normale, lungo, macchiato, doppio.... Regardless of how you like it, I find an Espresso (in all it's variations) a perfect closure to a great dinner, whether at a restaurant or at home! 

I was born Italy and for me making coffee (or, when I was a small kid, watching my mum doing so) for my parents was a joyful everyday activity.. That timeless aroma spreading out of a metallic two espresso Mocca will never leave my nostrils! 

Espresso is an Italian creation which has been living for over 100 years now! 
It has developed through time, it has iconic brands which gained brand loyalty from customers all around the world for different reasons. 
Worldwide a well none Coffee House is Starbucks.. But even Starbucks would not exist if it wasn't for that great 100 years old invention called Espresso! In fact Howard Schultz (chairman and CEO of Starbucks) first came up with the idea of exporting the whole coffee experience outside of the land of the dolce vita lovers  after a trip to Milan in the early 80's! (Want to know more? Here is a great read: "Pour your heart into it: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time" - authors: Howard Schulz & Dori Jones Yang, 1997) 

But let's take a look at those ppl like me, who fancy a coffee at home as well! 
As people have been shifting from the all time's favorite Mocca "manual machine" to faster, less time consuming modern coffee machine, the market started offering the largest variety of machines we have ever seen. 

I personally love all variations of coffee (except Turkish coffee.. That's just not my thing!), especially those with lots of milk and no sugar! But I have to wake up early in the morning, I don't have so much time to enjoy my coffee before work, and I can't be bothered to spend too much time washing my coffee machine. A couple of years ago I therefore started a little research to find the perfect solution for me...
That's why I chose a user friendly, chic and practical coffee machine: a Nespresso from De Longhi! 
In theory it is not the machine what makes a good coffee, but the coffee beans. Nespresso offers a combination of budget friendly, tasty and practical only very few others do! 

I mean, for me drinking coffee can be a whole experience .. And I believe Nespresso is not only an IT coffee but also a whole new level of coffee shopping !
I can only recommend it (and not because I am always hoping to pop into George Clooney - well that didn't happen so far!) - here is a link for you to locate the store closest to you:
http://www.nespresso.com/de/en/pages/store-locator

Ps: remember, when in Italy, always specify which kind of coffee you would like. A Caffè will only get you as far as drinking a single shot of black espresso ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment