Tuesday 11 March 2014

Home alone: just pros - no cons! ;)

Is today one of those neverending boring days? Are all your friends somehow busy doing other things, your man is not home (or maybe you are a single lady?), and you have absolutely nothing to do?
Yes? Well what's the problem? Don't you love having some time to dedicate to nothing in particular? I do! 
I have had a couple of busy weeks lately and I am not feeling so well today, I stayed in and relaxed. There are so many things you can do on your own, at home, on a weekday but here are my top three! 

The easiest and laziest of them all is; watch a chick flick while having a snack. Make sure the snack is not too unhealthy (for instance I can easily overdose on unhealthy if it's right in front of me and I'm home alone!) - cut yourself some fresh fruits and pair it to some tea or to something a bit more 18+ like an aperol spritz (http://www.aperol.com/int/en/aperol-spritz/aperol-spritz/aperol_spritz_video), or a nice glas of Spumante! 
I like to turn some candles on, and to put a warm cover over myself (perfect if you are feeling a bit sick, like me, but then pls go for the warm drink, no 18+ if you have a flew!). 

If you are feeling relatively fit but want to just act all lazy, fill up your bath thub, turn your bathroom into a self made spa and let a good book keep you company! I love reading, but it's hard to find the time for it, that's why such evenings are amazing opportunity to train your imagination and flip the pages of a good book! Some read from tablets, or probably most read from tablets... But I am still one of those old school people who enjoy smelling the ink on the pages of a freshly printed new book! I love marking the page I am at, and having all sorts of page markers! But regardless of your preference, reading is much better than watching tv in my opinion, especially in a bubbly bath! 

If you want something slightly more active (but trust me, still perfect for I-love-acting-all-lazy people like me!) then go ahead and pamper your skin! I just love taking long showers and giving my hair and skin a treat! I do the full program .. Including hair masks, peeling, body oil, scented body lotion .... And the list goes on! I have some nice music on (try something you would not dance on while showering .. You don't want that peel to be half done! Singing and dancing under the shower are a completely different activity, I categorize them as stress release activities!) - I would suggest some Cafe del Mar (this mix for instance is really good http://youtu.be/fFtqGD7AQEg ) it will take you to a whole different level of relax!
As for the products, I like trying different skin products and I haven't settled on a final brand just yet (I will definitely post a review as soon as I do!), but I love buying my home spa things at Ritual Cosmetics (I don't think they have anything close to exfoliants, I haven't found anything yet at least, I am therefore currently using Clinique for my face and I can recommend the Soap & Glory product line for a more budget oriented product, or Fresh - brown sugar body polish for those willing to spend a bit more)  

Do you have better suggestions on how to spend a relaxing night in on your own? Don't hesitate to leave a comment! Even in regards to the product lines ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment